Thursday 20 October 2011

Busy Bee!



I am not sure if this is true for anyone else, especially new mothers, but since being on maternity leave I have become crazily busy. There always seems to be something going on. It has become so bad that I have actually had to start using my personal organiser on my smartphone just to ensure I don't forget about something.
This is nothing to complain about though, it took me 5 years of living here to get to this point. Lets just say I'm shy.
Being a mother opens you up, literally. Right from the start your belly attracts the interest of strangers, "friends" on facebook stalk you and other pregnant women relate to you - by comparing preggo stories and due dates. Even weirder is that I enjoyed it all, even dare to say I miss it. I finally had something special about me, something amazing - nothing new though, something millions have done before me. However, every baby is a miracle - I finally understand that now - and I was growing my very own.
Then after the baby is born you discover the best little friend you'll ever have - in a demanding kind of way. But this same little friend quickly becomes your sidekick, and then the between a rock and a hard place in a soft buffer kinda way. He brings people together, draws estranged friends closer and attracts new momma friends around. And before you know it a task, date, chore, plan or meeting fills everyday and you wonder - when you find the time - what was life like before baby? To live my life now without a schedule? I think not.

No comments:

Post a Comment