Friday 21 October 2011

Dream a little craft room....

I am trying to create my own craft space in my house. There isn't much room to spare as anyone who has been in my home will agree, so I have converted a corner of my dining room. Right now there isn't much to it, just an old mahogany desk & chair, some material, boxes full of bobs & ends, scrap-booking/card making supplies and a bunch of stationary.
But there is potential and I intend to explore it fully. A beautiful and functional creative space is just as important to me as the material and things I wish to craft. This morning I have been dreaming up my corner of the world by gathering inspirational images of the craft rooms that have come before mine. Ideally I would like to have a full room to work in, but that would take buying a whole new house (which is a somewhat larger goal to be achieved at a later date). So since a new house isn't in the picture right now I will just have to be smart and the following rooms are savvy examples of space saving techniques mixed with beauty. 
What does one need in a dream craft room you ask? To follow is a list of my musts (wants)!

1) Sewing machine (organising lessons at present) and own desk
2) Wide desk space for material and larger projects
3) Ribbon holder (1 meter wide)
4) A huge painted dresser with open and closed shelving/drawers for material and utensils
 5) Sink, stove-top, microwave and heavy duty outlets (soap making)
6) A tonne of shelving
7) Permanent iron and board
8) Upholstered chairs
9) Lots of glass mason jars (preserving) and glass canisters.
10) An ideas board


No comments:

Post a Comment